Some highlights of the history of Perry Library:
- The Perry Public Library was founded in 1929. The first library consisted of two rooms in the Art Champion Homestead and opened on February 22, 1929.
- The Library became an association library in 1953.
- A new building was constructed in 1969 which opened in January, 1970. An addition was built in 1990 and another in 2006 to make it the size it is today.
- The Friends of the Library was created in 1974.
- The Library joined the CLEVNET consortium of libraries in 1992.
For more information please peruse the documents attached below.